Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wear your ADHESIVE on the OUTSIDE!

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L? Well you probably already know, but I never get tired of saying it! I was asked by Kerri their marketing director to help out with some projects to decorate their new offices with, here are a few that I did for this second round of projects.


FREE


For this project I used the back side of a piece of art canvas (you can find this in an art supply store around their paper tablets) because it was not Gesso-ed and sprayed Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds. This is a new color of Glimmer Mist that has a clear base and a vintagey blue opalescent glimmer to it (the glimmer reminds me of a string of pearls). This gave the raw canvas a beautiful opalescent glimmer. I then stitched the border with black thread (this was so tough because I actually had to be neat about it!). The Butterflies were die-cutted out with a Martha Stewart punch that I got at Micheal's (Monarch is the name of the punch). I then used re-positionable adhesive by SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L and adhered the butterflies down to white paper as I used the butterflies as a guide to cut out the white paper. After I was done, I removed the white papers and misted each one a different color using Glimmer Mist. I then created my title with Tattered Angels Framed Font Alphabets and Cinder Glimmer Mist. I used SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES 3D Foam Squares in black (I used the little ones and cut them in half) to tuck underneath the wings of the butterflies to make them appear to be in flight. This was such a simple project and I thought it would be perfect for a wall hanging, just add it to a piece of cardboard for stability and there you go!

BLOOM




This picture, kinda stinks (sorry) but it is the full version.

This project was oooohhhh so much fun! For this project I used The Wizard by Spellbinders to cut out these great flowers. Before I cut them out, I used an Adhesive Sheet by SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L and added it to a 12x12 piece of white paper. I then cut the paper in half and ran it through the Wizard using a variety of different sizes of blooms. After I had all of my shapes, I then removed the protective covering off of my blooms and covered them in glitters of all sorts of colors! I created some non adhesived shapes as well and misted those so that I would have a Glimmer along side the glittered sparkle. From here I took my BFF's the 3D Foam Squares and some Craft and Photo Tape (OK so I lied, I think the craft and photo tape is really my BFF!) and adhered my blooms to a piece of 12x12 black cardstock for a nice PUNCH of color.

So here are a few pretties to look at, I have a few others that I will post soon!

I just love getting crafty with my adhesive and showing how you can wear your adhesive on the outside and not just hide it behind stuff!

XOXO

~Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment