Thursday, September 19, 2013

Good Morning Green Juice Recipe


Last year when I was sick I had a really tough time keeping any food down. My mother in law sent us home with her juicer in hopes that I could at least get some sort of nutrition into me.

My husband has now fallen in love with juicing and today I want to share with you one of our families favorite fruit juices.

A little back story... This juice was inspired by a breakfast I had while I was in Norway teaching mixed media courses. At breakfast they had little glasses of juice and one of them was this sweet green juice. I tried my hardest to be polite and only take one, but the glasses were small and well 1 turned to 2 and then three....

Well I brought back the basic recipe to my family and together we have adapted it to create our own version of this tasty green drink (I can now drink as much as I want! lol)

Here is our version:

  • Honeydew (peeled)- 1/2 a melon
  • Pineapple- 1/2 (cut of top, bottom and skin)
  • Green apple- 2 mediums
  • Lime (peeled)- 1 medium
  • Fresh ginger- a cut equivalent to 1 Tbsp
  • Kiwi (peeled)- 1-2 full  (optional for added sweetness)

This yields about 5 cups of juice and we use a Jack Lalanne power juicer.

This is one juice our whole family will drink (which is a toughy)

It is sweet yet the citrus and ginger promote a healthy immune system. All in all, it is a great way to get something good in you at the start of your day.

Wouldn't you agree?

We love juicing and hope this recipe is as good for you as it is for our family.

XOXO

~The Hicks Family (written by Liz)

No comments:

Post a Comment