Monday, August 20, 2012

Nutella Rice Krispies Treats

A few weeks ago, I experimented with one of my favorite recipes, the oldie but goodie... Rice Krispies Treats. I attempted to add Nutella to give my buttery friends a nice toasted hazlenutty chocolate flavor. Unfortunately the results were well...not so good. The marshmallows I had used were not as fresh, and the Nutella had been in the fridge so it was hard to melt. Needless to say, we ended up with some tasty bricks that we still ate, although it took us about a week to finish them.

 I looked at the ingredients that I originally used and decided to re-work the recipe, after all this was way to good of a possibility to pass up. I mean seriously, have you ever heard of anything sounding better? The final recipe was worth passing on to friends, since unlike the last batch... these puppies only lasted hours and everyone was very happy with them!







So Here is my re-worked recipe that I do have to say... I pretty tasty.

Nutella Rice Krispies Treats

ingredients: 

  • 4 Tbl. of Butter
  •  3 Tbl. of Nutella
  • 40 large marshmallows
  •  3-4 cups of Rice Krispies (use 3 add more if moist)
  1.  Melt butter on medium heat
  2. Add Nutella and mix completely. Make sure to continue to stir as the Nutella will want to stick to pan
  3. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted, turn down heat if needed
  4. add rice krispies and mix thouroughly
  5. press mixture into greased 8x8 pan

And for fun, I made a cute recipe card for you to print up. It is a 4x6 card. If you would like it, just click on the picture of the recipe card and right click and save :)



Tips for those using this recipe (probably no brainers, but stuff I had to learn the hard way):

  • Use fresh marshmallows  (not some that you had left over from a bonfire... like I did)
  • Use regular rice krispies (not chocolate because it is what you had on hand... like I did)
  • Use room temperature Nutella (not stuff that was out of the refridgerator and COLD... like I did)
  • Add rice Krispies as you desire (not the full 4 cups as the original recipe said, again... like I did)
I think with this recipe, and the tips above... you will find some beautiful treats that will melt in your mouth :)

Enjoy!

~Liz

1 comment: