Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 10 and 11- Possibilities and Purpose

Day 10- Possibilities

Today I received this in my email box:


It has long been a dream of mine to finish the last two years of my degree. So last week as we passed the college on our way to old town it hit me. I could do this NOW.

For the last ten years I have enjoyed being married and raising my family. The last two of these years I re-joined to work force to help our family in our transition to Colorado. It would make sense for me to find another job, matter of fact I had a head hunter call me last week with seriously a DREAM job but it would require relocating. That is not really in our family plan right now, plus I really feel the need to not work. It is kind of hard to describe but I really feel that God's plan for me is to be available for our kids which has been difficult these last two years. With the pull on my heart to stay home, not work well... this puts us in a bit of a bind financially but thanks to my wonderful husband, we have tweeked our budget and in faith are going to take that step to have me not work and be available for our family.

Day 11- Purpose

This decision has opened up my days to explore who I am and what I want to put into this world. I know this may sounds silly because seriously... we do things everyday, why would today be any different??? Well this is how.

This last month of not working for an employer has allowed me to think, truly think for myself about my future. I have been able to clearly look at the future of my family and let my heart wander on the hopes and dreams that I have ignored day after day because I was always to busy. This past month has offered me silence, clarity and an invigorating boldness that I have a purpose that I need to pursue. So with that being said, I am going back to school. I am applying to Colorado State University for the Fall 2012 semester.



In the mean time to show proof of interest as well finish up my graphic design education I will be attending Front Range Community College. This will help me with any licensing work I do in the future as well prepare me for CSU. I am waiting for my transcripts to transfer from Long Beach City College so that I can meet with a CSU transfer counselor as to what the next steps will be towards finishing up my BA.

This is a big step for our family. It is going to require a LOT of preparation but I know that together we can make it happen. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we take this next step in our families future. I will still work freelance in the Art and Craft industry as I love this industry and truly believe in it. This step will only help me solidify what it is that I enjoy doing now and prepare me with the knowledge to proceed forward with my dreams and purpose. ♥

Is there something that has been on your heart to do that you have been waiting for the right time? When do you feel the right time will be?

~Liz ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment