Friday, March 25, 2011

SHINE ON!!!

So today I was asked on Behalf of SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L to create a Mixed Media project and blog post for Creating Keepsakes blog.

Now you may wonder... SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L and MIXED MEDIA????

Yah... I thought that at first... but in all honesty... it works!

So a few techniques that I shared on both the SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L blog as well as on the Creating Keepsakes blog share not only the integrity of the Crafty Power Tape, but also shares some artistic features of the Adhesives Sheets.


Here is the project:

SHINE
(I tend to use this word alot, lol)


I love this art piece... it just makes me so very happy. It has loads of texture... fabric.. glittery painty fun... yeah, it's my kind of piece :) I also love the message on it... I think we all need a little reminder that it is OK to SHINE... It is OK to SOAR... It is what we are meant to do, and although we may not always sparkle bright, it doesn't take away from the fact that we are in fact... intended to SHINE.

A few of my favorite things to do with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ products is to use them with paints and with craft foil.

because of the amazing GRIP the Crafty Power Tape has... it will hold very nice even if you paint, varnish, glitter or do whatever on it. You can see here how I adhered down all of my gems and then painted...glittered and rubbed off the paint on the gems. The adhesive held the gems nice and snug even though I used a liquid on top as well as rubbed them too. Yup, Crafty Power Tape pretty much makes me happy! I don't have to worry about my wet adhesive to dry with my gems now.. I just use the Crafty Power Tape :)


Here I used some fun Designer Foil (Clearsnap) with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L Adhesive Sheets. An Adhesive sheet is basically a thin film of adhesive that is great for die cut machines, acrylic, vellum or anything else that you need an intricate or invisible adhesive application on. for this I used the adhesive sheet in a broken application (not thoroughly applying it, just applying it here or there) and paired it with the Designer Foil. After the foil transferred nicely, I sprayed over the top of it with Sun Kissed Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap. The adhesive can withstand the moisture of the spritz and acts as a resist... it is really cool!

These are the two techniques I shared on the Creating Keepsakes blog. I love these two techniques... but what I love most about this project is the title... Now the title is something that I am super excited about... I just love it!





Now I have a video planned for this. I am working on showing you what this fun title is made out of. It looks just like vintage printer press letters... maybe they are???

I am hoping to get this video up next week... stay tuned... I am sure that you will LOVE it!

SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L is doing some giveaways too... check them out here.


Thanks for joining the fun today... join me next week, I have some posts I have been working on...

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, this makes me feel happy to look at too.
    I have 3L at the top of my shopping list now.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the video on the printer press letters!

    ReplyDelete