Monday, June 8, 2009

FLY...

This week brings so much realization for me. I think back to when I first started this blog and where I was then, it blows my mind to think how dramatically things change. Growth is good. Although there have been times of pain and fear, I know that whatever my purpose is, the journey will always involve growth. You never get to where you are expecting on a clean straight path, it always seems to be some alternate route that gets you there or alternate destination that you finally find, and yet it still feels comfortable.

If there is anything that I would like for my friends or students to know is that "Possibilities are Endless". It has been my motto since I began teaching in the industry. There are no limits to your potential and although the end result may seem like a speck of light at the end of a long dark tunnel, it is still there and still possible. I originally used this motto in refference to finding all the potential in your scrapbook product, but in reality it is so much more. These words sustain dreams, and can truly liberate any predetermined limits you may have inside.

I found a few quotes that I truly think capture what it is that I am trying to state. Although I may not always agree with the different authors ideas or beliefs, these few pearls of wisdom I do agree with.

Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.” -Richard Bach


If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise.” -Robert Fritz

“There are no such things as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder” -Ronald Reagan

"And we know that all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 Websters Translation

This world is truly ours for the picking. I keep this in mind as I deal with various situations in both my everyday life and work. And although things may not always end up the way we think they should, there is comfort in knowing that the end result is exactly what is needed at that time.

Now I bet you all are wondering just WHY I decided to teeter on the brink of being philosophical, well there is change in the works... big changes and what it all boils down to is that I am grateful, for where I am now, where I was two years ago, and what I will be doing in the future. And with these few words of encouragement I can only hope that those who read can see themselves for their full potential and reach out of their box and grab onto their FULL purpose. In my own retro spec, I have had to weed through a ton of self doubt to get where I am now. I can only hope that sharing a little optimism with my friends will help give them the courage to see themselves in a way that they never saw before. It took my husband's encouragment before I went into a major meeting with a manufacturer to help me realize that my perspective was skewed. I told him I was scared, he told me it wasn't fear just excitement. That was all it took for me to realize that I wasn't powered by fear, but rather joy and excitement. It was this change of perspective that helped me to realize that my main purpose was to pass this feeling onto my children so that they not know the grips of fear, yet understand the difference between the two. That their potential in life not be limited by fear, yet celebrated and encouraged.

So to sum up this LONG blog post. Always know that the good is around the corner, and although it may not come wrapped in the pretty red bow that you expect, it is there just the same. You are worth it and you DO have what it takes. No one can take that away from you unless you give them permission to. And last but not least, never measure yourself to someone else, because it will always dissapoint you. Just know that YOU are perfect just the way YOU are and that your purpose may not be the same as the person next to you, but it is just as important!


Thanks for stopping by and being a part of my journey.

~Liz

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this today, Liz. That's all I can really say at the moment, but it gives me some hope. I need that right now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great message, Liz!! Thank you for sharing this today.

    It sounds like you have some exciting new things going on in your life. You deserve all the good stuff that comes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Liz! Thank you so much for posting this today! I really needed to hear that. Hugs to you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah girl- that comes to the right time- my mood is down in the gutter- my selfdoubt is eating me- LOL - so thanks for this!
    Huge hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, always enjoy reading your blog with your wonderful comments about your faith in God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps the most encouraging message I've ever read on a blog! Another quote that I had on my blog (before I started messing around with my layout and can't get it in my header any more...) sounds fairly simple, yet is so profoundly true: Thins turn out best for the people who make the best of how things turn out. Art Linkletter. Love your message... and since I read it after your announcement, it does fit so perfectly. I have to return to work... or I could sit and read more and more....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family is the most important thing in this world. It's not the pursuit of material stuff or power etc. I like the bright colors on Ur blog.
    Is it to late for UR candy blog giveaway?
    My blog is @ glograbear.blogspot.com,grandmabear is my title. My cards can be found on my Flickr tab.

    ReplyDelete