Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Villa Villekulla forever :)

(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)

I will never forget being a little girl and just loving Pippi Longstocking...

While I was in Denmark earlier this month, I was informed that the airport I was at was only about an hour and a half away from Villa Villekula, Pippi Longstocking's house...It may be the fact that my kids now have been watching Pippi... but I couldn't help but feel the need to visit this colorful house. Unfortunately I wasn't able to... but what an experience that would have been, a true childhood dream come true :)

I like to think that her independent nature, has stuck with me through the years... I mean who didn't want to be Pippi Longstocking? Owner of not only a horse, but ALSO a monkey... no parents to tell her what to do, and unlimited gold coins to buy all the candy and toys you ever wanted???

Yup... you can see I had big dreams when I was little :)

I still like to think that the independent little girl that admired Pippi so many years ago still resides inside of me :)

I am sure she is still there, perhaps I think she could do with out the monkey though :)

For what ever reason, this caught my eye today... and I am so grateful that it did. I can still remember getting lost in these movies when I was 4 or 5 years old on my grandmothers couch. I know get to watch them with my children, see their independent nature grow through the same movies I watched.

I love it !

~Liz

5 comments:

  1. Pippi is the best! I too adored her when I was a kid (still do). This just means you have to come back to Scandinavia, and next time visit "Astrid Lindgrens world", I bet it's fantastic (I'll have to go someday too).

    Best regards,
    Trude Julie
    (Remember... "Det var en gang en ... og en ...")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, my guess is: You started thinking of Pippi because you miss us here in Norway:) Am I right??LoL
    Did you put a search for Emil? In Loenneberget?:)

    So sad I only got to spend a couple of hours with you when you were here!

    Hopefully it won't be too long before we see eachother again!

    (done with the chocolate?:))

    hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why YES... I DO miss Norway!!! I came home and told my husband I wouldn't mind living in Scandinavia for a year one bit! I haven't found Emil yet... do you know if they have an english version? I was telling my son about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, I didn't realize that Pippi was that global? :)

    ReplyDelete