Monday, March 22, 2010

Wear your Adhesive on the Outside Part 4 (times TWO!)

It's Monday! And I hope you all have been enjoying our fun little video blog hops featuring SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L. Today me and my friend Nathalie Kalbach from Germany are featuring the CD Photo Pockets and the 3D foam squares.

Here is my use for the CD Pockets, I used the CD pockets to create a beautiful mini album. I used Crate Paper's brand new Pink Plum Collection. I absolutely love this paper line and the company as well. They were next to us at CHA and I could not stop looking at this paper line. So when I saw Steve from Crate Paper at the Pleasanton Scrapbook expo this past weekend, I kinda had to buy some.

To create this album I simply took 2 packages of the CD Pockets (retail for $2.99 US per package, so it is only $1 a page) and cut paper to fit inside of the sleeve and on the back of the sleeve. The Paper is cut to 5x5 inches for the back and 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches for the inside of the package. After the paper was applied I then sewed the edges to finish it off. Here is a close up of the final album.




And a full pic of the cover.




Watch this video to show you a step by step guide to creating a page and how you can easily add treasures to your page before you sew it. I added sequin to the page I did for the video.







Here is my take on the 3D Foam Squares. These awesome dimensional squares are super sticky on both sides and offer you so many possibilities. In this project I used embossing powder to create a clear coat over the squares making them look like tiles. I also adhered them to a piece of cardstock so that I could cut a cute little heart out of them.







Check out the video below to see how I did this technique.






Thanks again for joining us. Make sure to join the fun and send us your take on our techniques. We will be choosing a winner on Monday April 8th. Just get us your submissions by April 1st to participate. Link us on Facebook or email us at home.

Thanks for peeking!

~Liz

1 comment: