Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Once again, I bring you peppermint cookie crunch bark...

Back by popular demand!

So I have noticed that my site has been getting hits on my oldie but goody recipe for Peppermint Cookie Crunch bark. So I thought I would re-post it for our new friends to see. This was a recipe that I so easily developed after a trip to the cake decorating shop. I tried a sample of their peppermint bark and immediately thought, IT NEEDS OREOS! And so a yummy treat was born! Now not only is this a totally yummy treat, BUT it is also very inexpensive and highly addicting (like legal chocolate crack, seriously). So here it is, once again...







Peppermint Cookie Crunch Bark

1 lb. white chocolate melts
1/2 cup of peppermint crunch
1/2 cup of crushed oreos

Directions:

put white chocolate melts in a Pyrex dish and melt for 30 seconds and then mix. Continue to melt in 15 seconds increments until chocolate is smooth.

add crushed oreos and peppermint crunch and mix thoroughly.

lay out on waxed paper and spread out evenly to a 1/4 in thick layer.

let dry and harden for 45 minutes.

break up into pieces and eat till you get sick!

It also tastes really yummy melted in some hot chocolate! (seriously, this is awesome!)

Enjoy!

This is great for gifts. I split one batch of these up between 2-4 friends and it is always a hit!
The supplies you can get @ any cake store or even make yourself. Just make sure that they white chocolate is meltable (I think they sell this @ the grocery store or even @ joann's and Micheal's if you don't have a cake store handy). I even made my own oreo crunch by putting oreos in a zip lock bag and hitting it with a rubber mallet. Just make sure all of the air is out of the bag or else it will explode. You can do the same with the peppermint crunch, just use candy canes. And if they stick together use a little powdered sugar to coat the lightly.
have fun creating!


~Liz

1 comment: