Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello 3...

Here is another layout of my sweet baby girl. This is using even more of my Bad Girls March Kit. With this layout I tried a few different things to make my product stretch, hope they help your creative mind start to crank.
Using decorative paper to create a frame, and using Prima Say It In Crystals (clear) to add depth to your frame
Using your foam self adhesive letters as a stamp.



With this layout I wanted to try and have fun, but my mad scientist brain never stops. I first started with the Prima patterned paper sewed some random stripes down the side and then split them open to reveal the cardboard that I backed the page with. After I slit it open I used water to roll the paper back and give it a curled distress look.

The frame

I free handed a bracket frame and cut out the middle. I then cut up some Prima Say It In Crystals and layered them around the frame. I then painted the crystals to match the frame. This gave the frame depth, and well I love textures!!!

The Flowers

Because the flowers were mostly pink and red, I used my never failing Glimmer Mist to alter the flowers to match my fancy. I then flanked them with the ever lovely Prima velvet leaves and created quilled vines with the Crate Paper ribbons. I centered my flowers with the extra crystals that I had from cutting them up for the frame. I took each individual crystal and cut it up, and layered them onto each other.

The Title

This is my favorite part!!! For this, I used the lullabye letters from American Crafts, to create the stamped look, I took the letters I needed and using repositionable tape by SCRAPBOOK ADSHESIVES BY3L, I glued the non adhesived part (the top) of the letters to a stamp block and as this left the original adhesived back portion of the letters exposed, I covered this portion with clear embossing powder so that I could stamp with the letters. I used paint to stamp with and the cool thing about this, is that you could still use the letters after you are done stamping with them, so again...adding another use for your product!

The outer frame

The outer frame is a combo of the decorative paper from Creative Imaginations and Prima's Flirty Little Secret paper line. I cut around the outer edge of the Prima paper and took the very outer edge of the decorative paper. I sewed them together. Lastly I randomly cut out leaves, that was a happy accident that well, I was trying out for another layout, and well it worked well for this one.

All the contents used for this layout can be found in the March Bad Girls Kit.
ALSO I was just linked from the Marks Paper Facebook site to a Marks Paper Giveaway, here is the link to the info on the givaway (two full lines of paper!) and also while your at it, check out the Facebook group.

I hope this crazy concoctions finds you well and you are having a great day!


~Liz

2 comments:

  1. your work is so fantastic!!! I love your blog!!! greetings from germany...

    ReplyDelete