Monday, March 17, 2014

Lucky All Year Long...

As fun of a holiday St. Patrick's Day is... there really isn't a time other than today that you see shamrocks, green beverages and people dressed in green.

I like this fun little holiday because well, it breaks up the monotony of the year and like today... makes a Monday a whole lot more fun.

I like many other busy crafty moms... like to make the most of these one time events or items required for these types of events... so I took the theme and gave it a twist in this greeting card.



With this card, I wanted to make sure that I could use it beyond St. Patrick's Day yet still tie in a bit of ye' ol sentiment. I cut the same shape out of matte cardstock and glittered cardstock to create a monochromatic base.


I then added a simple title using the Roc-Lon MPC, it is similar to canvas and cuts beautifully.


And last, I added a sweet sentiment to change the feel of the card from St. Patty's to a sweet love note.



I like being about to take items that may only be used once a year and make other uses for them... I am sure I am not the only one, what are your thoughts on re-purposing holiday themes for other occasions?

For this and more projects check out my PINTEREST Boards

http://www.pinterest.com/lizmhicks/

Thanks for stopping by today... hopefully you do not get pinched too much today!


~Liz ♥

1 comment: