Monday, January 23, 2012

FREE Progressive Art Journal Workshop- All year LONG!

Almost a year ago I had an idea for an on line class. A class that would encourage my crafting friends to take the easy step towards art journaling. A class where I could share tips, techniques, videos, projects and prompts that would encourage others to try these techniques or ideas out plus take the time to create something just for themselves.  After praying and meditating on this idea I came up with this year long concept that would feature one theme per month. Each week I will share some sort of inspiration to assist in the art journaling process. This will also be a FREE class. This class is as much for me as it is for my friends, so it really makes no sense to charge.

This past year, I have found such a great comfort in Art Journaling. I have been experimenting with my art mediums and scrapbook supplies all while diving into my art journal. It is my goal to share what this past year has done for me here on my blog, and along with that share some amazing techniques that I have come up with along the way.

I invite all of you to join me this year as I share from my heart my own art journaling journey and crafty adventures. I have invited a few of my industry friends to join in each month as well, and I know that they will have just the right words and inspiration to share with you.




So here are the details:

WHAT- To produce some sort of inspiration for a weekly art journal page or prompt
WHEN- ALL of 2012, STARTING FRIDAY, JANUARY 27TH, 2012
WHO- ANYONE WHO NEEDS A TIME TO RELAX AND CREATE :)
WHY- to create a fun environment of creative people who inspire each other freely
WHERE- Right here, on my blog Subscribe via Google Reader or through my newsletter.


Powered by FeedBlitz


To kick this off I will be doing a GIVEAWAY of an art journal kit to get you going. I will pick one winner here on the blog when I return from CHA. Winner will be announced MONDAY FEBRUARY 6TH 2012. To be entered for the prize package, simply commit to the year long progressive art journal workshop. You can do this by signing up for my newsletter or following me on google reader. This is the best way to find out when the new prompts are available. The titles of these posts will have the abbreviation of PAJWLH (Progressive Art Journal Workshop Liz Hicks) in their name so they will be easy for you to find.

I am so excited for what this next year has to bring. I look forward to getting to know you all better through this journey and creating beautiful art together.

~Liz ♥
Pin It

32 comments:

  1. To share the gift you have so freely makes you a treasure of the rarest kind.
    I have been daubling in the art journal world for a bit, not getting there yet, just messing about. I do believe this is the reason I haven't been able hit my stride.... I was waiting for you to help me along!!
    I am very excited to begin
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Liz! I'm totally going to take your course!!!!! I've been dying to started on Art Journaling, never really dared to try earlier, so this is just perfect. And you know I love the things you make...
    I've already been subscribing to your blog in Google Reader for a few years, but today I signed up for the newsletter.
    Dear, I'm stoked! and can't wait for the fist prompt to become available.
    Love, Trude Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection, I cannot wait !! I need a crafty journey. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get started!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited! have always to do an art journal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll join :) Something different for a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I joined via e- mail- love to try art journals, never did but a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I CANNOT wait! I already get your posts by email so I will be anxiously awaiting for the art journal ones. Thanks SO much Liz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds awesome! let the creating begin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait Liz! A whole year of inspiration from you!!! I already have your blog in my Reader list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is just what I need...THANK YOU - last year I bought a big BLANK art journal with all the intentions in the world...a year later, there it sits... BLANK and covered in dust. Now I shall dust it off.. and dive in with you! :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have just today heard about this. i love art journalling and have taken a few courses but it is so hard to just sit down and do it. i am teaching a class once a month locally but i am signed up for your class for me!! thanks Liz i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously?! Just the other day I was lamenting the fact that there were no FREE online classes - I this this! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to this! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  16. did i miss this? has it started? i can't find it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just posted it. Had a little trouble with hotel internet, but now we are good! enjoy :)

      Delete
  17. Wow!!! Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea, count on me! I've already subscribed to your blog by Google Reader, but I'll also signed up for receiving newsletter in order to not loose anything. Thank you for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just the creative inspiration I need to get me back creating. Fun Fun Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ims os excited to have surfed across this - my goal this year wa sto return to my art roots. Im in!! following you in google now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. opps so excited i let my fingers type faster then my brain worked. ( i was breastfeeding though as well....) sorry for all the spelling errors!

      Delete
  21. Oh...i think i will do this..i misdirected scrapping and i have wanted to incorporate art and scrapping...here is my opportunity...Sarah sent me over here...looking forward to this...smiley face...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So excited to find out you are doing this! I love your first piece so much, believe is my word for the year so way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know it's really late in the year but please, please, please can I still take part. I promise to work hard and catch up honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about catching up :) The art journal prompts are here all through out the year for you to enjoy. If you sign up for the newsletter it will go ahead and send you my blog posts in a condensed form. The blog posts that have PAJWLH in them will be the ones that will have the art journal prompts.

      Glad you could join us!

      ~Liz

      Delete
  25. Oh darn just found this :( Hope you do something cool for 2013 also. When one is broke it's difficult to participate in these types of things. THANK YOU! I'll save this link and hope I can backtrack through the posts. Hugs

    ReplyDelete