Friday, November 19, 2010

Taking on Etsy...

I have thought for so very long that I would love to be able to share and sell some of my handmade goods to those who could enjoy them. I often find myself setting stuff into piles and never having a proper place to display items. With this in mind, I have acquired the help of my dear friend Kaydi Homme to help me manage this and other creative avenues that I am considering. Kaydi use to sit right next to me at Tattered Angels and always made my day a little brighter :) When she left Tattered Angels the week after I did, we both kind of looked at each other and said "Now what?"

Well Kaydi being the good friend that she is, offered to help me manage my personal commitments so that I can better commit myself to my new position with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3l and any other opportunities that may come to be. Kaydi is amazing at logistically analyzing situations and coming up with strategic ideas to best complete tasks. Sometimes when I am in my crafty zone... I need someone like Kaydi to pull me out, and help me organize my thoughts and direction.


With this in mind, Kaydi will be tackling the management of my Etsy store. She will be taking pictures and posting my handmade goods for sale. As hard as it is to see some of my art pieces go.. It is even harder to see them just sit in a pile after I create them, so I am grateful to have someone who can help me send these pieces off to good homes.

Here is the link if you would like to take a peek at some of the items that we are selling:


http://www.etsy.com/people/LizMHicks

With starting working this past year... I have found that I have let go of some of the simple pleasures that I use to call my own. It is very hard to stop and make sure that I still am able to blog, do videos, tutorials, and create for myself... when I am trying to do so for other manufacturers. I am so grateful that Kaydi has offered to come and help me manage things to make sure that I don't lose myself and still make time to create.

Thank You Kaydi :)

~Liz Hicks ♥

1 comment: