Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Little things... (and a George update)


So some of you may have seen this last night on Facebook, but I just had to post it to my blog as I am so proud. This here is my little guys signature... his FIRST signature. I am so excited to see my son burst through triumphantly. We have had our highs and lows and seeing him break the through boundries just warms my heart.
It's things like this that remind me of why I started this blog in the first place. I blog so I don't forget, so that when I scrap I can look back and remember the little things that the kids do. I have adapted my work so that I can actually create pages for my albums rather than just class samples. But still it is so hard.
I take a step back, out of scrapland and look at what life is now and think WOW...
It is so easy to get wrapped up in what is expected of you and what you know you are capable of that your determination can easily take over and before you know it you look at life and you can't even recognize it. That is what happened to me this last month as I was sick and had time to re-evaluate my current situation. I was so behind on rest time that my body just shut down.
I don't ever want to be like that again, well at least not at my own hand. This weekend was a great family weekend and I want more of those. I want to relax with my family and simply enjoy them! My motto for our family has always been to work to live not live to work, so I am holding this to ALL Hicks in our household (now that just sounds down right funny, eh?).
I hope that you can see me being honest as a reminder to stick to your guns. Remember your reason for scrapbooking and get right back to it. There is a time and a place for all things, and it is managing them appropriately that is the real beauty. Now I know I may not always remember this, but I can still count on my moments like these to remind me.
Ok, that was a rather long tangent! On another note, the winners are posted over at the Tattered Angels blog . Check and see if you were a winner! We have also posted another giveaway, so definately check it out!
And on to our friend George, James is going to help me out and get these mailed to everyone, so make sure I have your address primadonnnaliz@yahoo.com that way we can get the ball rolling on these.
Thanks again for sharing my joy!
~Liz

3 comments:

  1. Hey Liz~! I tried to email you my addy to help you with your Where's George thing and yahoo says your email address doesn't exist. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog really hits home with me. It reminds me that I'm happiest at home with my Husband and my dog. Why do we work so hard anyways? To have a better life with our families. So it defeats the purpose when our lives get robbed rather than improved by the hard work we do.

    ReplyDelete