Sunday, December 9, 2007

Yummy, inexpensive gift for all!




This morning I realized that I hadn't posted my recipe for peppermint cookie crunch park yet, and well I knew Ali would be checking back for it. I cannot be held responsible for keeping chocolate from a pregnant lady, so here it is!


Peppermint Cookie Crunch Bark

1 lb. white chocolate melts
1/2 cup of peppermint crunch
1/2 cup of crushed oreos

Directions:

put white chocolate melts in a Pyrex dish and melt for 30 seconds and then mix. Continue to melt in 15 seconds increments until chocolate is smooth.

add crushed oreos and peppermint crunch and mix thoroughly.

lay out on waxed paper and spread out evenly to a 1/4 in thick layer.

let dry and harden for 45 minutes.

break up into pieces and eat till you get sick!

It also tastes really yummy melted in some hot chocolate! (seriously, this is awesome!)

Enjoy!
This is great for gifts. I split one batch of these up between 2-4 friends and it is always a hit!
The supplies you can get @ any cake store or even make yourself. Just make sure that they white chocolate is meltable (I think they sell this @ the grocery store or even @ joann's and Micheal's if you don't have a cake store handy). I even made my own oreo crunch by putting oreos in a zip lock bag and hitting it with a rubber mallet. Just make sure all of the air is out of the bag or else it will explode. You can do the same with the peppermint crunch, just use candy canes. And if they stick together use a little powdered sugar to coat the lightly.
have fun creating!
~Liz

12 comments:

  1. That does look yummy!! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the "eat until you are sick" part! Check out my blog. I used the self timer on my camera to shoot a picture of hubby and me. He was very patient. LOL Thanks for telling me how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks yummy.... hmm I wonder how many weight watcher's points per serving?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Detta,

    I am so happy that it worked for you, don't you just love the d40x?

    And Joscie...Consider it a Christmas present to yourself what is a few points for christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so making that! It's 1:00 a.m. here...I wonder if Mike would run to the store for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I like it, see my post on the NSBR side of CKMB today about this type of reciepe, anyhow

    What is Pepperment Crunch, I want to try this but don't know what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone is looking for an "excuse" to make these, here you go: Peppermint is fantastic for getting rid of headaches!

    Thanks for the recipe Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got finish making this & OMG! I hope it makes it thru the night. I never had heard of peppermint crunch either and was planning on crushing peppermint sticks then I was in the dollar store today and came across some. It was destiny,:).

    TFS,
    Stacy ckmb slh1mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay DD and I are making it as I type, she's my crusher, so far 8 candy canes (regular size) make a little over 1/2 cup of crushed stuff, now's she's pounding away at the oreo's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy! I can't wait to try it, who cares if I am diabetic-it is Christmas after all!

    I love your blog btw, I had to add it to mine! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy....there goes the waistline.....it sounds delicious! I will definitely be trying it for next weeks get together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm...this looks so delicious. I'm imagining all those flavors together and can almost taste it. I'm so making this!

    CDscraps (from CKMB)

    ReplyDelete